Kimchi is the national dish of Korea, the popular and culturally important ingredient. There are many vitamins, fibers and antioxidants in it and little fat or cholesterol. Make it yourself with this easy recipe!
1. Sprinkle the salt and sugar. Mix well until the radish is evenly coated. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Drain the cubes well, but do not rinse.
3. Meanwhile in a small saucepan, stir together 6 tbsp water and 1 tbsp rice flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until it thickens, about 3-5 mins. Transfer the flour mixture to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
4. In a large bowl add the garlic, ginger, gochugaru, fish sauce, salted shrimp and the cooled rice paste together. Mix everything together well. Add the radish cubes, and thoroughly combine.
5. Pack tightly into a glass jar, making sure to press down evenly to any pockets of air between the radish pieces.
6. Cover and store at room temperature for 24 hours, before transferring to the fridge to ferment another 1-3 days before eating. It will store well in the fridge for 1-2 months.
Dieses Rezept ausdrucken